Sunday, December 13, 2015

My letter to President Johnson this week

Mom, Here is my letter to President Johnson: You can post this as the post this week.

Hi President! 

You and Sister Johnson are so fantastic! Always a pleasure to see you and hear you speak! Stake conference was wonderful. It was so incredible to see all of the members from my old area, Sisaket. It made be reflect on how far I have come and how much I have really grown to love these people. I also got to see two of my RC's from that area and there is NOTHING like that feeling of seeing those you help come unto Christ still active and at their first stake conference. I have been so blessed. What a joy it is to be a disciple of Christ! Thank you for your email today... that was so great. I also love that scripture. I am a Disciple of Christ. I have an experience to share while inviting here in Roi Et. This government official stopped and talked to us and asked about what we were doing here in Thailand. After we told him he asked questions about what kind of schooling we had to go to in order to become a missionary. In that moment, I realized how God has literally being preparing me for a mission since I was born. Whether I knew it or not. And that the calling I received was a life time call to the work. Not just 18 months. I was able to bare testimony to this man that we didn't receive any type of formal schooling before coming to serve. That we truly came by means of faith. And that we believe our calling is not just to strengthen people while here in Thailand for 18 months but to strengthen anyone who we ever come in touch with for the rest of our lives because Christ is our exemplar. He seemed really impressed and touched by that and said he would check out the website we invited him to look up. I don't know if it will lead to anything in the future but I know that this experience changed and strengthened my testimony. God is ever aware of us, and Christ forever loves us. That truth I will never deny.
I love this Christmas Season President! And I love this mission!! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you! 

Love,

Sister Burbank

12 days of Christmas countdown..letters from home


Singing in Thai


Making Cinnamon buns


Made Brownies- recipe from home


 Ice Cream with S. Yang! 




An almost complete District picture...missing our DL and Elder Sen! But that's okay. This is how we get to Stake Conference here in Roi Et. 555


 Pool Baptism! 555+ Coolest experience




1 comment:

  1. We are blessed to have you represent the Lord & our family as a missionary. You are special. You are on the right path for sure. Your love of ice cream comes from your grandpa Burbank. After his stint in the hospital, I walked the mall with him so he could get some ice cream!!! You are being watched by him I'm sure. 😎😎😎😎😎

    ReplyDelete