Tuesday, February 23, 2016

CELEBRATING 50 Years of the Church in Thailand

So this week consisted of ZONE TRAINING, SWITCH OFF's, and BROADCASTS from Apostle Elder Gary E Stevenson. I can honestly say that it was one of my favorite weeks of my mission. But I feel like I honestly say that every week. 555+ 
Everything is just so good!! 

ETERNITY MOMENTS are real. Sister Larson and I are convinced that you can't explain them in words, so I won't even try. But just know that these glimpses of ETERNITY are real. And I love them. One of them was experienced when I watched Sister Phosawad's (A khon Thai Sister serving here in Roi Et) grandmother give the closing prayer to the Celebrating 50 years of the church in Thailand Broadcast that replaced our Sacrament meeting yesterday. She is a miracle. When President Johnson was a young missionary he taught her, and now look what has come of it....that women's granddaughter is serving a mission. Incredible. We also got to listen to not only a member of the Twelve, but the Asia Area President, Elder Gong, and the member of the Seventy, Elder Khanakham (who lives in Thailand). And many more. Everything was so incredible.
Also had Zone Training this last Thursday. 
Elder Bunker, Elder Chamberlain, Sister Larson and I were all in charge of doing it. Ended up going pretty well actually! The theme of MLC was the "WHY" of being a missionary. 
What are our motives for doing what we do?
Matt 22:36-40 - Because we love God....
It's as simple as having love for God and our fellow men. That is why we do what we do.
That is why we are members, that is why we are missionaries. 
All for the love of God! 
I hope all of you find a way you can express that love for God more fully this week.
As Elder Holland reminds us, "that the crowning characteristic of love is always LOYALTY."
How can we be more loyal to God?
I know that when we express our love for God and our fellow men, our hearts will increase in capacity to feel God's love for us. Which is the greatest of all the gifts of God. 
I love you all. I love my Father in Heaven. I love my Savior. 

Have a great week! 

Sister Burbank

1&2. So this last WED and FRI we had switch-offs...since Sister Larson and I are now the STL's over two zones, we have 10 Sisters (5 companionships) we have to do 24 hour switch offs with this transfer. Which means that we had to do 2 this week...On WED we switched with the Korat Sisters, Sister Macknight and Sister Larson went together (both finish their missions March 15th), and I went with Sister Budsayamad (a khon Thai greenie from Sakon Nakhon)....leaving Sister Rungthip and Sister Phosawad (both greenies) to be companions. Because all three sisters are still in training we all had to stay and study until 12pm. They all called me their แม่ (mom) in the mission. 555+ Even though I think all of them are actually older than me in real life. I love them so much though. We have so much fun together. I love how many khon Sister missionaries are coming in now!!! Represent! 


3. Just this beautiful country I live in, <3

1.
 2.
 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment