Sunday, March 13, 2016

Will be finishing the mission in Roi Et, Thailand & Fishing with Bare Hands

NEWS FLASH!
Both Sister Rungthip and I are staying together here in Roi Et! It's actually our dying wish! I am so excited. I love her SO much. She is THE most incredible missionary. And now she can keep teaching me อีสาน !!!!!! เว่าลาวได๋บ่ กได๋แล่วเด้อ 

Today was on of the best days of my mission...
So for P-Day we drove to a tiny หมู่บ้าน out in the middle of nowhere and jumped into a giant muddy hole to catch fish with our bare hands. THEN we took those fish, cooked them over hot coals, and had an อีสาน feast! I was covered in mud from head to toe, and just the happiest little kid you ever did see! ^.^

This last week was so wonderful. After we got back from Bangkok, we had another switch off with the two other sisters from Ubon! It was a ton of fun. I switched off with Sister Strickland! She is from New Zealand. But her family is from a small island called Nuei, which is really close to Tonga! She is SO cute! I think I forgot to take pictures though. Her brother served a mission in Fiji! :)

As for our investigators, right now we are working with 5 daters for this month!! 

1. Sister Joy (13 yrs)  - date: Mar. 20th
2. Sister Pia (13 yrs)  - date: Mar. 20th
3. Sister Angel (16 yrs)  - date: Mar. 20th
4. Sister Cue (18 yrs) - date: Mar. 27th
5. Sister Pound (18 yrs)  - date: Mar. 27th

They are all so great. We are trying to work with their families as well though. Because as you can see they are all pretty young. They all really do have such great faith though. I can honestly say that they are the reason I am so grateful I am not moving. So many miracles with each and every one of them. We have a few other progressing investigators as well. Like I keep saying. The work is just exploding! We also have about 5-7 RC's that our companionship is working with, and unfortunately a huge handful of LA's. But something I am impressed with is the retention of the new RC's these days. Retention in Thailand is getting so much better as we work to strengthen the wards. Most of these LA's we are working with are long time members that just recently went in-active. For the most part, everything is going smoothly. This is SUCH a great area! 

So for this next transfer, I am still STL, and the new STL with me is Sister Blaylock. Sister Ong's ลูก!! I met her once when she was a greenie in Asoke. Back in May last year. I remember that she plays basketball, and that she is friends with the Jackson Twins from Camas. Because they played on the same intramural team at BYU-Idaho! Crazy small world right?? I can't remember where she is from but I think Utah?? I am so excited to be STL's with her over the Roi-Et and Ubon zones!! Seriously this next transfer is going to be so much fun! Also, the only other person moving is Elder Bunker! He is going to Chiang Mai, and Elder Webb (yes from my MTC district who I served with in Sisaket) is going to be ZL here in Roi Et!! Crazyyyyy we are serving in the same district AGAIN, for the third time...555+

Last but not least. Sister LARSON is dying!!!!!! She literally flies home on Tuesday. I am going to miss her so much. We have been STL's together these last 4.5 months and I wouldn't have had it any other way. I LOVE THAT CRAZY GIRL! Luckily she will be at BYU in AUG so we will see each other, but I honestly cannot thank her enough. Huge shout out to her for her amazing testimony and hard work these last 18 months! สู้ๆ ต่อไป

I hope everyone has a great week, and remembers to checkout the Easter Initiative by the church called: "Hallelujah" the link is on Mormon.org or LDS.org, I am assuming? It come's out March 13th!! 

Oh and if anyone is still confused as to what I am doing here in Thailand I think
D&C 42:6-8 says it pretty well! 

"6 And ye shall go forth in the power of my Spirit, preaching my gospel, two by two, in my name, lifting up your voice as with the sound of a trump, declaring my word like unto angels of God. 
7 And ye shall go forth baptizing with water, saying: Repent ye, repent ye, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
8 And from this place ye shall go forth into the regions westward; and insasmuch as ye shall find them that will receive you ye shall build up my church in ever region-"

That pretty much says it all. My favorite part of that section is and "...ye shall find them that will receive you..." I am not here to force people to change religions. I am here to find the elect. Those already prepared by Christ to come unto him.

Our Missionary Purpose:

"Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel by Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, Receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End."

That is why I am here! And my motive is all for the "love of God, and all men."
I am here because I love these people and I know that through Jesus Christ they can have a deeper understanding of who they are and their purpose in this life.

I know Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World.

I hope everyone will find a way to understand that phrase just a little more this week. 

Love,


Sister Burbank


They drained most the water before we went fishing






Cooking the catch




No comments:

Post a Comment